Sunday, April 27, 2014

15-16 weeks

Awful heartburn... eating is so touch and go. If it burns going down, it'll make me sick and I'll have heartburn. If I eat too much, I'll get heartburn. Of course, if I don't eat enough, I'll be super nauseous. The worst is when I eat too much, have heartburn three hours later but am hungry and nauseous... but can't eat, because the heartburn will make me sick! I can tell my "morning" sickness hasn't gotten much better because I still get waves of nausea where I almost get sick, but the Zofran really helps me fight it off. I thought maybe by the time my prescription was gone, the morning sickness would be gone, too, but it looks like I'll have to have it refilled. It's very frutrating. I'm over this. So over it.

*edit: I thought it mattered how much I ate and when I ate, but today I had a single sandwich, some chips, and a piece of fruit at 4:30, and eight freaking hours later, without having eaten anything else, I have heartburn so bad it makes me want to vomit. Oh and nausea, because I haven't eaten in eight hours. So I am just going to accept that every evening, I'm going to get heartburn no matter what, and I may as well not eat dinner so it doesn't have to be worse than it is.*

Insomnia is better! I don't lie awake for hours.

Fatigue is so much better, too. I'm not as ridiculously sleepy like I have been so far, but still get tired early. I get about ten hours of sleep a night and feel exhausted by the time I go to bed, but I haven't been as sleepy during the day.

Energy is another thing -- I'm slightly anemic, nothing serious yet, but my iron will continue to dip unless I start taking my supplements (which I've been avoiding due to severe nausea).

Haven't really been moody, just slightly more sentimental and teary about things like cute YouTube videos. The song "Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas made me cry. So that was funny.

I only have aches and pains when I do a lot during the day. If I'm sick and lying in bed all day, I don't have any pelvic pain. 

Finally felt for sure fetal movement, the day before Easter at just before 16 weeks. But I can't feel it often, just about every other day or so, because the placenta has formed in the front of my uterus.

I've only gained a pound so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment