Monday, February 24, 2014

5 & 6 weeks

These past two weeks have been so hard. Pregnancy really hit me with a bang. The all-day nausea has been debilitating. It doesn't really seen to matter what I eat, and very little when I eat, I always feel nauseous. I'm taking Unisom and it really has been helping, but I am still bound to the couch or bed all day long. Before the Unisom, I was throwing up about 4 times a day; now I'm throwing up once or twice a day. Even when the Unisom is working best, I still only have about an hour of being able to do anything before I have to lie down again. Even though it takes the edge off the nausea, the "gaggy" feeling in the back of my throat is always there, which means I can't talk much or move around much at all. If I feel the slightest bit hungry, the nausea blows in full force and I will get sick. I'm only 7 weeks along, so I know I have a long journey ahead of me before I say goodbye to the nausea. This being my third time, I expected it and am just dealing with it. My spirits are still up, but it does wear on me. It's hard. Especially since I have two sweet babies who still need my attention. I stand by saying pregnancy sickness is the hardest thing I have ever been through, physically.

Already experiencing occasional heartburn too, if I eat too late in the day. My last meal has to be around 5pm because regardless of what I eat or how much, I will feel nauseated to the point of being sick, even on Unisom. So I'd rather not eat past that time.

Other than the nausea and vomiting and heightened sense of smell that makes everything under the sun smell horrid (which in turn makes me more nauseated), and fatigue which puts me to bed by 7 or 8 every night with the occasional 2 hour nap during the day, I don't really have any other symptoms. No breast tenderness, no back ache, no overwhelming emotions (yet). If it weren't for the nausea, I'd be having the easiest pregnancy yet.

May I never forget what a lonely, depressing, discouraging time first trimesters are for me because of nausea and vomiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment